Centerville - Davis County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
“WellQuest Living (A subsidiary of FJ Management Inc.) is seeking a Sr. Accountant/Controller.
Responsible for the accounting operations of WellQuest Living (an FJ Management Inc. subsidiary) including the corporate treasury, general ledger, financial statements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal controls and financial systems. Background in job costing for new asset development is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting function
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Review the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, and ensure consolidating information is accurate
- Ensure the timely payment of accounts payable
- Ensure the prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Review and approve cash transfer requests
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled monthly with exceptions resolved
- Review monthly ledger account reconciliations
- Financial Reporting
- Issue timely, complete and accurate financial statements, including the board packet and ad-hoc reports
- Explain material variations from budgets and historical performance as required
- Calculate and issue financial and investment metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget, including coordination with subsidiaries
- Support Activities
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Work with external auditors to answer questions and resolve concerns
- Provide support and respond to information requests from the Board of Directors, Executive Management, Legal, Tax, and HR departments as needed
- Risk Management
- Ensure Company’s insurance policies and limits are appropriate
- Work with FJ Management Risk Manager and provide information to receive coverage quotes
- Ensure day-to-day insurance needs are met
- Assist in claims management as needed
- Provide financial analyses as needed for existing holdings or future opportunities
- Review processes, identify opportunities and implement improvements
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must have a minimum of 4 years of accounting experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of general ledger financial statement preparation and GAAP.
- Must have excellent computer skills and experience with accounting software, Excel, and Word.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with both customers and co-workers.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
“WellQuest Living (A subsidiary of FJ Management Inc.) has been formed to acquire, develop, and operate senior living communities across a continuum of care that includes active adult (senior apartments), independent living, assisted living, and memory care.”