|Employer:||Big West Oil|
North Salt Lake - Davis County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Big West Oil is seeking a Pressure Vessel and Piping Inspector to perform Process Unit Inspector duties. This position will help support a developing Mechanical Integrity program and help execute short/long term inspection program objectives. Position is responsible for supporting both on-stream and TAR Inspection related activities for the refinery asset. Position is responsible for executing inspection plans for assigned process units. |
|1. Help maintain Meridium inspection modules for assigned units(Inspection Management, Thickness Monitoring and Risk Based Inspection).|
2. Execute inspection plans in assigned process units, as identified in Meridium(Inspection Manager module), for fixed equipment and process piping.
3. Perform and/or coordinate inspections on pressure vessels per API 510 guidelines and Utah State Rules and Regulations.
4. Perform and/or coordinate inspections on pressure piping per API 570 guidelines.
5. Generate recommendations and repair plans based on inspection findings.
6. Prepare technical reports and document Inspections in Meridium software.
7. Help develop and execute TAR Inspection Plans for assigned process units.
8. Coordinate contract inspection resources when needed for assigned process units.
9. Communicate with appropriate Operations/Maintenance personnel so that Inspector will stay notified of equipment availability for inspection and monitor any repair or alteration activities that result from inspection findings.
10. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis(PHA) reviews and Hazard and Operability Study(HAZOP) re-validations for assigned process units.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• API-510 required with ability to obtain API-570 certification within the first year.
• Ability to obtain a Certificate of Competency from the State of Utah Labor Commission within the first year.
• Minimum 5 or more combined years of API/NDE Inspection experience in refining industry required
• Knowledge of RBI and refinery damage mechanisms is preferred
• Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - Maximo preferred
• Inspection Data Management System (IDMS) - Meridium Preferred
• Microsoft Office products
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to prepare concise inspection reports to help communicate the condition of fixed equipment
and process piping to asset owners